Wednesday, May 5

A box of shirts

Inspired to clean out the garage, I came across a box of shirts from when my son was little. 4-5 years old. Should be the last hidden stash of his childhood... everything else got donated or sold. My favorite t-shirt was in there. A perfectly aquamarine shirt with white sleeves (designed to look like an undershirt) with a cool black line drawing of a serpentine dragon. My son's eyes became the color of the shirt framed in lush lashes. He wore it as often as I washed it. And the monkey shirt. An official dress up shirt because of the buttons. And another big boy button up shirt that he wore to the state fair in some of my favorite pictures. I showed the box to his dad. He remembered the monkey shirt. 

My heart is happy the box is going to a new baby boy in my inner circle, so I can see the monkeys make an appearance in someone's beautiful life.

No comments: